Duelling proverbs:- A pair of proverbs, contradictory to one another.
I came across this while searching for rarely used figure of speech…. This is nothing to do with figure of speech but found it interesting. Few proverbs makes lot of sense while few don't. I would like to list few of the provebs:
1. Pen is mightier than the sword but actions speak louder than the words.
2. You are never too old to learn but you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
3. Clothes make the man but never judge a book by its cover.
4. Look before you leap but he who hesitates is lost.
5. Knowledge is power but ignorance is bliss.
6. Good things come to those who wait but the early bird that gets the worm.
7. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth but beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
8. Empty vessels make the most noise but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
9. The best things come in small packages but the bigger the better.
10. Birds of a feather flock together but opposites attract.
Hey select few proverbs You know well and find its match which contradicts it, isn't fun?